Transfer Students

Print this page | E-mail this page

Costs & Financial Aid

We have one of the nation’s most extensive and generous financial assistance programs. Applying for admission to UM automatically places you in consideration for scholarships. To be considered for need-based financial aid, you must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.

If you are a resident of the State of Florida, additional financial opportunities exist to help you pay for a private university education like UM, including the Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG), the Florida Student Assistance Grant, Florida Bright Futures Scholarships and tuition savings plans like the Florida Prepaid College Plan.

We also offer a Monthly Payment Plan, a pay-as-you-go budgeting plan. And the University of Miami Tuition Stabilization Plan for full-time students who are not receiving financial aid allows prepayment of up to four years of tuition at the current rate.

In the School Release section of the FAFSA, make sure you indicate the University of Miami, Coral Gables. Our federal school code is 001536.